I honestly don't make regular chocolate chip cookies very often (those are a rare treat!) When I want something similar though, I bake these.
These cookies have oats, less butter, and a taste of banana!
I feel like they are healthier. I know, all sweets in moderation - but, if you're going to have a cookie...it might as well be this one. You won't feel as guilty after you eat it, promise. You'll feel good about incorporating an occasional cookie in your diet.
If you want them even healthier, cut out some of the sugar and add some whole wheat flour. Use dark chocolate chips (which I use a lot). Play around with the recipe! You'll have fun with it, like I do. Actually, you'll have even more fun eating them with a cold glass of milk.
And, this is a great way to use some very ripe bananas!
Get baking!
Banana-Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients:
1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 medium)
1 cup packed brown sugar
¼ cup butter, softened
*3 tablespoons Canola oil
½ cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs
*2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
4 cups old-fashioned oats
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Cooking spray
Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine first five ingredients in a large bowl; beat with mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- Add egg; beat well.
- Combine flour, oats, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Add flour mixture to banana mixture in bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop batter by big tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on pans for 2 minutes, then remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
Source: Cooking Light, July 2009
| (Rachelle...this is for you!!) |
I'm done blogging for the day!
Happy Halloween!
Click here for a better pic of these cookies!
Where is the picture of you baking the cookies that you usually include???!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI didn't want to post it because it's dumb. Not a good photo. But then, are any of me near (or eating) my food good? No. So whatever. Ha! I posted it just for you, Rachelle. Thanks for your comment!
ReplyDelete