Thursday, October 13, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Dare I say it?

I made another kind of cookie yesterday.

Oh yes, I did.

It was a rainy day, and my daughter was napping...so what was a momma to do?!

I had been wanting to make these chocolate chips cookies that I've seen floating around the web.

They looked delicious and I had to give them a try, to decide for myself.

They are made with a secret ingredient of cornstarch.

Not your average chocolate chip cookies. 

Different.  Chewy.  Soft.  Special.  Yummy!


Chocolate Chip Cookies
(Printable Recipe)


Ingredients:

3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
*1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

*If you don't have whole wheat pastry flour, don't sweat it!  Just use all purpose flour.


Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Cream together butter and sugars until smooth and fluffy.  Add the egg and vanilla, combine.
  • Mix in flours, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt.
  • Stir in chocolate chips.
  • Drop by tablespoons onto a greased baking sheet.
  • Bake for 8-10 minutes, until lightly golden brown around edges.
    • The cookies don't brown very much, and the tops are soft when you take them out.
  • Cool on the baking sheet for a good 5 minutes before removing to cool completely on wire racks.
    • Again, the cookies are soft when you take them out so they need to firm up a bit before removing.  I had some casualties the first batch.  (Don't make my mistake...you end up eating way more cookies than you intended to!  Ha.)

Source: slightly adapted from Anna Olson; Food Network Canada

FYI - these are a serious, no joke cookie.  The real deal.  Don't say I didn't warn you!



I know.  I'm weird. 
I take pics of myself while eating.
who does that?!

So, are you wondering what I do with all these cookies I bake?

Well...we eat them.  We also freeze them.  We even share them!

I promise to post a non-cookie (or even non-sugary) recipe soon.  I do more than just cookies...one can't survive on cookies alone!  DUH.

3 comments:

  1. Now stop that LOL. You're making my mouth water!!!! Ha! They look very yummy. Cookies...A great rainy fall day project. It's always nice to have a cookie treat and to have some to share and some to freeze for later, maybe when company stops by or maybe just because it's cookie time. Keep snapping pictures of yourself.with or without a cookie :-) We love seeing you!
    Thanks for sharing the recipe!
    Love, Mom F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were quite yummy!!! thanks neighbor for sharing them with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome! See, I do share. I wasn't lying in my post. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...thanks for commenting!