Tuesday, October 25, 2011

family magnets

This idea was inspired by a friend of mine...

Riley loves looking at our pictures around the house, and especially on the refrigerator. 

She is learning all her family members' names.  She has her immediate family down, but now we are working on the extended family too.

All you need are a few items to get started on this easy project!

1. Contact paper
2. adhesive magnets
(I got mine at Michael's)
3. photos
4. scissors
I cut the Contact paper to fit on each side of the photo and cut the edges, keeping about 1/4 inch as the border. 

I then placed two magnets on the back, and put the photo up on the fridge!  EASY.


Every day, Riley is going over to the fridge to look at her family! 

She rearranges the photos.  She takes them off and will play with them on the floor and she enjoys sticking them back up on the fridge too. 

I wanted to make the magnets this way so that she can play with the photos without me having to worry that she's going to rip or destroy them.  I wanted this project to last...

You can use any photos you want, get creative!


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful idea Abby. Thanks so much for sharing with us all.
    -Mom F.-

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...thanks for commenting!