Friday, October 7, 2011

a year and a half

To Riley ~


You are a year and a half!
(I'm a few days late on this post, sorry.)


You are getting so big - you are taller and filling out more too.
(You have some big, cute, chubby feet too.)


Your hair is getting long!
(We had to cut your bangs because you won't keep anything in your hair!)


You are getting your second year molars, already.
(You are biting on things and constantly sticking your fingers way back in your mouth.)


You currently have a cold and are snoring like a piggy when you sleep.
(Hope you feel better soon...)


You still love eating a wide variety of foods. 
(You ask to "eat" and for "snacks.")


You like your milk too!
(You drink your milk in a sippy cup while holding your blankie.)


You splash like a crazy girl in the bathtub.
(I'm not too fond of bath time, but I love a clean baby!)


You love playing outside.
(You stand at the door, saying "outside" in your cute little voice.)


You say "hi Tatey" to our cat, Tater, multiple times during the day.
(Tater doesn't say "hi" back but you don't seem to care.)


You always wait at the door for Daddy to come in, when he gets home.
(Even now with Daddy gone, you still ask about him so much!)


You are so ticklish and giggle a lot too.
(We love it!)


You make some really silly faces.
(I'm pretty sure you got them from Daddy.)


You love hanging out with Momma in the kitchen.
(I hope you like cooking and baking with me some day too!)


You love when Momma vacuums.
(Yes, your momma is a neat freak.)


You say "made mess" a lot - anytime you drop something on the floor.
(Gee, maybe it's time for Momma to be less of a neat freak?  ha)


You are a big helper!
(You throw trash away, pick up your toys and follow directions...most times.)


You love looking at pictures of your family.
(I have a little project I'll be working on soon to help you with this.)


You love your crib and going to sleep!
(love. it.)


You still throw tantrums.
(hate. it.)


You sing and dance with us.
(So cute!)


You love other kids and playing with them (sometimes hugging them too).
(You call them "babies.")


You love your "cookies."
(Ummm, not sure where you got that from.)


You fight me most every time I brush your teeth.
(I sing to you, and even let you do it yourself but it's still tough sometimes.)


You are saying new words all the time.
(Sometimes we're not sure what you're saying though!)


You love your books.
(We read many books to you every single day.)


You love your Baby Einstein DVDs.
(You start dancing and smiling the second we turn the TV on to put one in.)


You love music.
(You go over to the stereo and try to turn it on.)


You give the best hugs!
(You are not overly affectionate, but you definitely have your cuddly times!)


You are a climber.
(I need to take you hiking.  Up a mountain.)


You have the most beautiful smile.
(This is why you need to brush your teeth!)


You love your sisters, Emillie and Hannah.
(You call them Emmy and Hanny.)


You scream, yell and whine a lot.
(hmm, I wonder if you get any of that from me?)


You are active
And...
Funny.
Crazy.
Goofy.
Sweet.
Loving.
Cute.
Strong.
Smart.
Persistent.
Demanding.
Impatient.
Ambitious.
Wild.
Happy.


You are a full on toddler. 
(You don't stop until you sleep.)


You say "I sorry" when you do something wrong and we ask you to apologize. 
(You even say it to Tater when you pull his tail.)


You say "I love you" back to us after we say it!
(You said it to Daddy first, and he smiled so big.)


You say "please," "thank you," and "bless you."
(We're trying to teach you manners, as they are very important.)


We love you little buggy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you...thanks for commenting!