This past week (as part of my "resolutions") I focused on managing my time better.
Since becoming a mother (almost two years ago!) I have really struggled at finding a balance that works for me.
I remember learning time management in college. And while that was tough then - it's not even close to what I'm talking about now.
Being a wife has changed things.
Being a mother has changed things.
Being a wife, mother (stay-at-home) and ME all at the same time has been hard to balance.
I know you guys know what I'm talking about - you've been there too, right?!
Balance is hard; something that constantly needs to be revisited and adjusted.
If I get pulled too much in one direction - I start feeling frazzled, stressed, and unhappy. It may not be immediately; but eventually it catches up and slaps me in the face.
A top priority of mine this year - is, well, to get back to my priorities.
I complain a lot - and now, even I'm sick of my own complaining!
I'm sick of complaining about no gym membership; no treadmill; not a big enough house for a treadmill; winter - cold and dark; little free time; my husband is deployed, etc. Boo hoo.
All excuses for not exercising; when exercise needs to be a priority in my life. It just has to be. End. Of. Story.
So, I am working out at home - making exercise fun again. I'm not doing the same thing over and over but a variety of things. I'm just moving. I don't care what I do or when I do it - I'm just going to be active. Inside or out. During the day or at night.
(I've had to let go of some high expectations of mine too - that's part of my priorities this year. Is to let go. Stop being so hard on myself; stop feeling so guilty. I'm not perfect and I'm surely not a super-momma!)
And another thing on my "to do" list this year...
Start sewing.
I have no excuses now - I got the equipment for Christmas!
I really am excited to learn and look forward to keeping you all in the loop as I try out (or fail) projects!
I have to be honest, I'm a little intimidated right now about it all but I know once I start I will enjoy it (I think) and if I don't...well, there's more to life than sewing.
I'm pretty sure either way, I'll survive.
So...while I have a gazillion areas of my life I'm striving to work on and to better - I just wanted to share a couple things with you.
The trick will be to balance it all in. I've already re-worked my schedule during the day and night to really take full advantage of the "me" time that I do have; while also keeping the family time intact (a top priority, always).
As for blogging - it's a fun hobby of mine, so it's not going away!
I hope you all are finding the proper balance in your lives too!!
***********************************************
Don't forget to enter my first ever giveaway...winner will be chosen tomorrow!!

Haha! I don't know if this was intentional, but you talked about sewing and said you'd keep us "in the loop." :D LOL
ReplyDeleteGood luck! I admire people that can thread a needle. I am not so proficient at sewing. :)
:) You're doing a great job Abs - thanks for always keeping us *your readers* informed and for providing such fun pix! :)
ReplyDelete~Christienne