Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Riley's 21 mos!

I thought it time to give a Riley update!

She's three months older since the last update already.

Whew.  21 months old (as of yesterday).

In three more months she will be 2 years old.  Unbelievable!

Here goes...




Dear Riley (aka Bug),

You are wild.

You are full of energy, and craziness.

I'm exhausted tonight, as I sit and write this.

I'm way behind in my journal too, because well, we're just busy.

You are so much older, in obvious ways.

You are saying so many words - I couldn't even sit here and name them all!

You are definitely more reserved and quiet when we're around others (especially those you don't know well).

At home, you talk all the time.  You repeat everything.

You love dancing.  Actually, you are jumping more than dancing now.

You do somersaults.  Yes, somersaults.

You climb on stuff - stuff you aren't supposed to at times.

You like sitting in a big girl chair and on the couch too.

Though, your attention span is extremely short.  So the second you get on the couch, you are ready to get down.

You eat off a plate now, with utensils.  Nuts, right?!  Actually, you still use your fingers a lot too.

You ask to have your hands wiped, and mouth.  You definitely prefer doing it yourself.

You prefer doing everything yourself.  Big girl, huh?!

You still fight me when I brush your teeth.  I've tried it all.  Brushing first, before you.  Singing.  Having you brush mine (which was a dumb idea; nobody likes to be poked in the eye).  Now, I just hold you down and you scream and I brush, and then it's your turn.  On a rare occasion, you let me but if you don't - tough.  You need to have clean teeth.

Which leads to me to - you hit.  You get feisty and nasty at times, child.  Whoa.  Look out, Riley!  More like, look out Mommy!  Yes, you go in time out when you hit.  It's a huge "no no."

Time out is a common occurrence around here.  You're learning.  You like to put your baby dolls in it too!

I'm learning too.  Constantly.

I still don't do the right thing a lot, and I fumble around struggling.  I have to stop and pray during the day sometimes just so that I can get clarity.  I am working on my temper too, and patience.  I realize you may be learning a lot of your feistiness from me, so I'm trying to be better.

This is about you though, not me!

You still eat pretty well.  You eat whatever I give you.  If you don't like it, there's not much of an alternative.  There's always milk.  (I limit that too, though.)  You love milk.  Just like your momma!

I give you cookies - Nilla Wafers - to be exact, only when I trim your bangs and nails.  It is what it is.  You also get an occasional animal cracker.

Aside from the occasional cookie, you really don't eat "junk" food.  I don't give it to you.  I'm trying to hold off on it because well, you'll get it eventually.  Trust me.  So yes, I eat my "junk" when you are sleeping.  I have to have some fun!  Kidding.  You're fun too.

You love your baths.  I'm glad, because I like a clean baby.

You still love playing outdoors and I hope that never changes.  I love that about you (like I love many things).  No lie - on Christmas day, you preferred being outside than inside with presents.  What's wrong with you?!  Ha ha.  I love you.

You love your crib and you love sleeping.  Thank you, Lord.

You still take a good, solid two hour nap everyday.  Sometimes it's more and rarely, it's shorter.

I can put your hair up in a ponytail sometimes but you still like to take it out a lot.  You like your hair to be free, natural.  I can't say that's a bad thing.  It probably just feels better.  Though, you look simply adorable with your hair up.

I've only trimmed your bangs up until now.  Your first haircut will be done at some point this year, after Daddy gets home.

You love your family and still love looking at pictures and hearing me talk about everyone.

You kiss Daddy's picture on our refrigerator every. single. day.  Cute!

We are not even daring the potty training yet.  Nope.  Not until you're 2, at least.  I'm not even going there.  I have to get (mentally) ready for that first.  Ha.

You are recognizing when you are "going" and I definitely see you progressing with it all - but I will not rush it.

You are starting to color more.  You would still rather bang the crayons (and break them) than actually move it back and forth though.  We're working on it...

You love your "blankie", baby dolls and stuffed animals (your "kitties" are your favorite).  You have to carry usually about 5 things out of your crib every time you wake up.  If we forget one, you let me know it by whining and pointing to it.  It's cute.  Not the whining part.

I could probably sit here and write a million more things about you.  And, I'm sure I'm forgetting some biggies.  But that's a good list for now.  I will write more in your journal, as I always do.

I'm going to enjoy the next three months with you, but I have to be very honest - I'm excited for you to turn 2 years old, because that means that Daddy will be home soon!

We both miss Daddy so much. 

You've been a good girl for Mommy though, considering.  I've had some long, stressful days but I also have had some really happy days (that seem to fly by)!

I know that Daddy feels the same way.

You fill our life with so many smiles, laughs, hugs, kisses and joy.  We are truly blessed buggy.  We love you!





Love,

Momma


(I tried getting you to smile into the camera, but you just cracked up when I tickled you!)

*********************************************************

There is still time to enter the giveaway if you haven't already.  It ends this Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Omg she kisses her daddy's picture every day??? SO CUTE.

    Almost-two-year-olds sound fun. And entertaining. But I know they are exhausting some days too!!! You're doing great to remember all of these things and write them down for her! She will really love reading this one day. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...thanks for commenting!