I've been busy running errands, doing laundry, cleaning up, organizing and packing...
Riley and I are heading up north with my family for a week long vaca.
I cannot wait. Yay!
We are going to the cold, wintry mountains...to Vermont!
I made up some of my favorite "healthy" cookie, Banana-Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, to share with the family while away. This time I added some oat bran and flaxseed in with the flour mixture. I also added chopped walnuts, which goes really well in this cookie. They turned out YUM.
I also made some Hummus!
My family loves this stuff. We eat it with veggies; we eat it with bagels, bread or crackers too.
I make it in the food processor and it's super easy to make.
Years ago my mom and I made this together. We had written down the way we made it and I still make it the same, to this day!
This is a good, original type of hummus. You may have to adjust it some to your taste - if you like it spicier, saltier, etc.
I have bought Sesame Tahini in Wegman's. I'm sure Whole Foods would carry it too. Check the International section of your grocery store. It's not that cheap, but a jar lasts me several batches of this recipe.
Hummus
(Printable Recipe)
Ingredients:
(2) 15.5 ounce cans Garbanzo beans (Chickpeas) - Drained
4 tablespoons Olive Oil
1 lemon (fresh juice)
1/2 cup Sesame Tahini
1/2 cup water
2 garlic cloves (chopped)
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
Sprinkle Red Pepper (Cayenne)
Directions:
- Add all ingredients to a food processor.
- Blend until a smooth consistency.
- Enjoy!
Off to go finish packing! And...eat a cookie. (Yes, I did my Wii game workout today, too!)
Talk to ya in a week! Don't miss me too much.

You will be missed :-)
ReplyDeleteHope you and your family have a great time.
-Mom F.-
Have fun in snowy Vermont! I have seen pictures and have always wanted to visit that beautiful state. Takes lots of photos! Eat lots of cookies! And hummus! :)
ReplyDelete