Monday, January 23, 2012

Southwestern Egg Rolls


 
I noticed I had pinned this recipe on Pinterest three times.

 
Ha!

 
I thought it time to actually make them.

 
They are delicious!


 
Southwestern Egg Rolls
(Printable Recipe)


Ingredients:

2 cups frozen corn, thawed
(1) 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
(1) 10 ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
*2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
(1) 4 ounce can diced green chiles, drained
*4 green onions, finely chopped
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 package of egg roll wrappers (about 24)
Cooking Spray

*I used less cheese and didn't have green onions on hand - my egg rolls were still great!

Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
  • Line 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
  • In a large bowl, combine all ingredients (except egg roll wrappers).
  • Fill each egg roll wrapper with 1/4 cup of the mixture.
  • Follow directions on egg roll wrapper packaging on how to roll - you want the corner towards you and as you roll up tuck the corners in.
  • Dip a finger in water and seal the final corner.
  • Repeat with all wrappers and mixture.
  • Place the egg rolls seam side down on the baking sheets, spray the tops lightly with cooking spray.
  • Cook for 10 minutes, and then turn over.
  • Cook for another 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
  • Serve with whatever sauce or salsa you want!

Source: Annie's Eats



 
Enjoy!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Omg those look so yummy...
    I love looking at the Annie's Eats website, but GRACIOUS where does the woman find the time to make all that in-depth food AND take pretty pictures of it?? lol

    Don't you wish Pinterest had some sort of feature that popped up and said, "Hey! You already pinned this!" I pin things on there and then stick them on different pinboards. Definitely not a great way to stay organized. LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...thanks for commenting!