Before doing so, I wanted to go through all our Christmas cards!
Some cards I save (and I'm not telling you which ones).
Some cards I hang on our bulletin board for awhile (picture cards of cute kids).
Some cards I pitch (hello too much glitter).
Some cards get cut all apart (most of them, actually).
So, tonight while drinking some hot cocoa I went through our cards and started sorting, and cutting!
All you need are scissors and a hole punch. If you want to get fancy, you can use a paper cutter.
This idea comes from my mom. I had seen her do it one year (not sure how long she's been doing it) and honestly, this is the first year I'm giving it a whirl!
Ta-da! I made some present tags for future Christmases!
If you haven't thrown away your cards yet (don't tell me you save them all) definitely do this. It's too easy not to. Sit down to a cup of coffee or watch a TV show while cutting away.
Buying tags every year just adds to the expense of Christmas, does it not? Yeah, OK they only cost a few bucks - but I'm here to tell you, those few bucks add up!
Besides, wrapping presents with ribbon and attaching a lovely tag is so very pretty. Why not then make it your own?!
Happy cutting.
Bye bye Christmas!

(I apologize if you are upset with me for rushing Christmas...it's just I'm ready to see my hubby! Bring it, 2012!)

Good idea! I actually saved all of mine... Mainly so I can go through them next year and remember how LITTLE everyone was (kids in photo cards, that is lol). I'm a nerd. ;)
ReplyDeleteHappy new year!!
I'm a nerd too, it's OK. ;) Happy New Year, Jenn!
ReplyDeleteAbs! What a fabulous idea - My hubby will be so happy that I want to get rid of the cards in a fun way lol :) I don't blame you for sweeping Christmas off your doorstep. the missing Hubby must put a damper on the season. Keep you chin up and those calendar pages flippin girl! :)
ReplyDeletexoxo
~Christienne
Abby! That is such a great Idea I love it!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks! Glad you girls like the idea. :)
ReplyDelete