Thursday, December 8, 2011

A cookie kind of week!!

Remember the Cookie Swap I told you about?

Well, it has been such a fun experience!

I'll be honest - I have anxiously been waiting for the mail every day!

I received a total of three fabulous kinds of cookies, from three fabulous (blogging) women.


The first...


This lovely tin arrived from Christina (Stracciatella)...



Dark Red Velvet Shortbread cookies!

These babies were flat and big!  They are crunchy, rich, chocolatey, and so pretty!

The gold sprinkles were such a beautiful touch.  I love sprinkles!


The second...


This wintry, tall, tin came from Esme (Chocolate & Croissants)...



Chocolate Ginger cookies!

Oh boy!  These are so soft; chewy, full of chocolate and ginger taste!  Very flavorful.

Riley was anxiously waiting to test this cookie out with me.  It was my mistake for saying out loud, "let's open up this box of cookies!"  The second she heard "cookies" she was in the chair...ready.



Notice how her face got sillier as she was eating?!  (Sugar has that effect!) 

Actually, this was Riley's first chocolate cookie.  An absolute treat!  That probably explains the face.


The third...


This beautiful package was sent by Carrie (Clever Mommas)...


Orange Marmalade cookies!

These cookies look a lot like different drop cookies I've made before.  But I've never made this exact cookie.  They were full of wonderful orange flavor.  Very tasty and sweet! 



And Riley, well - she was just happy playing with the big red bow the cookies were wrapped in!


To all of you women, thank you!! 
I have truly enjoyed every single cookie (for different reasons). 
They are all fabulous and I'm really glad that this Cookie Swap has introduced me to you!

Without knowing me, you did good!
I love cookies (first of all) but even more...I love baked goods that are made with chocolate, ginger and orange.  So delicious!

Thank you for making our week a sweet one...Happy Holidays!

So, are you all wondering what cookie I made for this swap?!  Stay tuned!  I'll be posting my recipe on Monday, Dec 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you...thanks for commenting!