Wednesday, November 9, 2011

"fit" talk

I was just talking to my mom about this tonight (she visited Riley and I today!)...

I thought I'd post it too.  What the hay!

Last week I purchased a cute little book to help me log my exercise and nutrition info.



My jeans felt tight last week...one of many reasons I decided to purchase this book.

I know why my jeans are tight - no brainer!  I'm not exercising as much, and I had been eating the same (and maybe even slightly more than I was before).  Darn cookies!!

Actually, I blame it on Aaron's deployment!  OK.  Not true.  I blame it on me.  Emotional eater, and all.

Anyway, I needed an old fashioned way of keeping track of what I'm doing daily - with pen and paper.  I need to physically write down what I'm doing...or not doing, because that's just what works for me.  I'm routine oriented to the core.  I live by "to do" lists, calendars, and reminders.  I know this will get me back on track (and it already has!)  This book has been the perfect solution.

I started tracking on Monday.  But really I started being more conscious of everything last week after buying this book.  And I have to say - so far, so good.  I can already tell my stomach has shrunk too, because I'm getting full quicker than I was even a week ago.

I even got on the Wii Fit last night (for funs and grins) and it said I was one pound down from last time (ahem...two months ago).  So, maybe I didn't gain weight?  Or maybe I just ate a lighter dinner?  Ha ha.

Whatever.  It doesn't matter.  It's only one pound we're talking about.  So, I'm going by the feel of my jeans.  And, they felt snug.  I was neither pleased, nor surprised.

I have two very simple goals.
  1. To exercise more regularly (about six times a week).  Simply put, burn more calories. 
  2. To eat better, well balanced meals, and less sugar.  Simply put, take in less calories.  
Don't get me wrong - I will still be sharing some yummy (sugary) treats on my blog with you all.  I will also be eating my own treats.  I wouldn't be Abby if I didn't!  My goal is - just less.  Moderation.  Not to give up completely because, well, I can't do that.  To live happily, is to eat cookies. 

OK.  I'm losing focus. 

This book is going to help me reach my two goals.  I can log my exercise and plan my weeks in advance.  I can log my daily food intake (without having to get caught up in calories) and make sure I drink more water too!

exercise page (fill out each day)

food page (fill out each day)


I'm loving this little book!  Lets hope it loves me back. 

I'll keep ya posted on how I'm doing...whether you want me to or not.  Ha!

I've run twice this week and did the Wii last night, so I'd say I'm already off to a great start.

Keep on keeping on.



P.S.  Is it odd that I'm posting this right after bragging about being part of a cookie exchange?  Nah!  I didn't think so either.

2 comments:

  1. That is so great that you know what motivates you! Good luck on your journaling (and health) journey! Can't wait to see how you do!

    Also excited to see you're doing the cookie exchange also... I'm so excited about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The journaling is really helping me get back on track.

    Yes, happy about the cookie swap. Thanks for inspiring me to join up!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...thanks for commenting!