Monday, November 28, 2011

thank you's

I really enjoy making easy (and inexpensive) goody bags, party favors and little "thank you" gifts.

Riley & I visited Aaron's side of the family over Thanksgiving...

I decided to create a goody bag for the immediate family (three bags total) since they all do so much for us when visiting.

Honestly, it did not cost much to create each bag. 

Even so, I felt like it was a nice way to say "thank you." 

hot chocolate, magnet list & pen, peppermint soap, candle, and Lindt truffles
(hint: always buy candies or chocolate in a big bag and package yourself to save $$ vs. already pre-packaged items)

the final product
(I bought the bags at Target for $0.25 each!)

I made this "tag" on the computer; cut it out and then glued to cardstock - easy!!


I also took a plate, with 5 different kinds of cookies on it, wrapped in cellophane wrap to share with family.  It looked pretty!  Again, it was an easy and inexpensive way to show my thanks and to contribute something.  (Sorry, I didn't take a picture to share.)

All the cookies were baked during the couple weeks prior to our visit, and frozen.  Having frozen cookies on hand during the holidays is a must in our house.  It's so easy to take them out and package them for family, friends and neighbors.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

There is so much to be thankful for, isn't there?!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you...thanks for commenting!