Sunday, February 19, 2012

exercise and cookies

Guys.

I have a serious problem.

Serious!

Today I did a very typical Abby thing.  (Almost embarassing to admit...)

I worked out for an hour during Riley's nap.  (Go Me!)

I then, immediately afterwards, baked cookies.

And ate about six straight from the oven.  (No, I'm not kidding.)

I even burnt my tongue because I couldn't get to them fast enough.  (Idiot.)

Not just any cookies (like my "healthier" versions)...

These babies - Dark Chocolate Chip Comfort Cookies.

They have - yes, lots of chocolate in them.  And, peanut butter.  Need I say more?


notice I'm eating as I take pics...one bite, two bites...you get the point

Dang man.  These are good!

Too good.

Too naughty.

Ugh.  I worked out and then I ate cookies. 

Somehow, the two just don't go well together.

Seriously.  One of these days I need to wake up and get on the ball.  I know that if I cut out (some) sugar that I'd probably see better weight loss results.  Yes?  Yeah.  A no brainer.

I've always said I'd rather work out than diet.  And it's completely true.  I'd rather train and run a marathon before I diet.  I cannot.  Cannot.  Cut out certain foods.  I'd go mental.  I am just thinking about it.

But I could at least cut back from five, to say...two cookies in a day?  That may help.

So, what did I do after Riley woke up from her nap today?  I went for a walk.  (I'm lucky my daughter loves going outside, in the stroller!)  I needed to burn more calories, and walk off some of the "ugh" feeling.  Those "comfort" cookies were making me feel guilty all day.

I didn't even eat dinner because I felt so ill.  You'd think this would teach me a lesson, huh? 

Sorry to say, it won't.  I may not do it again tomorrow - but next week, ummm, probably.

Anyway, I immediately froze all of the cookies - after inhaling several straight from the oven.

Tomorrow will be better.  I think...

I need help!

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap girl. I gained weight just looking at those cookie pictures. And then to find out that there's chocolate AND peanut butter in them??? Oy.

    Um, and at least you're working out to combat your cookie intake. Around these parts, the cookies just sort of, um, disappear and then we do not do so much of the exercising thing...

    I'm with you though- would much rather exercise than eliminate certain foods from my diet!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...thanks for commenting!