Thursday, February 16, 2012

PB+J Pancakes

My mom came to visit us yesterday for the day.

Her and Riley had a fun day together!

I also had a fun day...alone.  I was able to get my hair trimmed and do some shopping all by myself.  It was GREAT and much needed.  I loved having a day off.  ;)

Thanks again, Mom!


 
Here is a little "thank you" I gave her...

 



I also sent her home with some cookies...



I made my first ever homemade bread!


Not bad, for my first time.


We're still enjoying the smell of sweet roses in our house too!


This morning (after Skype-ing with Aaron) I made PB + J pancakes for breakfast...
Amazing!
A very fluffy, light pancake!


We ate ours with Blueberry Syrup.
Yummies.


PB+J Pancakes


Ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
1 egg
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk (plus extra if needed to thin)
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, melted (15-30 seconds in microwave)
2 tablespoons oil
3-4 tablespoons butter, divided (for cooking)


Directions:
  • Preheat griddle.
  • In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
  • Slowly add egg, milk, peanut butter and oil until combined.
  • Let stand 5 minutes.
  • Coat heated griddle with 1 tablespoon butter and pour 1/4 cup batter per pancake.
  • Flip when a quick peek on the underside reveals a golden color.
  • Repeat with remaining batter.
  • Serve with fruit flavored syrup (like blackberry or blueberry) or spread with jelly or jam!
  • A cold glass of milk goes great with this too.  ;)
Makes about 11 pancakes.

Source: Parents, January 2011


I'm telling you, these pancakes will be a hit with your kids!


3 comments:

  1. Ohhh, I've never had PB&J pancakes! Sounds intriguing.. I may have to try them. :) And I love the cute little box you put the cookies in! I'm a sucker for cute packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMY!!
    Glad your mom came to visit, sounds like it was a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for alone time! And you are the queen of baked goods and cute presentation! Your ideas! Where do you get them?!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...thanks for commenting!