Friday, November 11, 2011

snack time

Riley was funny today during her afternoon snack.

I had given her some kitchen items to "cook" with me this morning while I was making pancakes for breakfast.  She played with the stuff on and off today.

This afternoon, I caught her "cooking" with her snack.

She moved the crackers from the bowl I gave her to the mixing bowl, and was crushing them and stirring them.  Eating, throughout.




I had to laugh because it was the first time she really played with her snack like that.  She's really been using her imagination already! 

I need to start giving her other fun things to do that are different like this.  I need to let her make messes more.  As proven by this face...

"Uh oh.  I made a mess!" face
There's nothing wrong with being messy.  I'm learning this.  Slowly...but I'm learning.

I'm glad she had fun "cooking" today. 

And, I'm glad that I let her!  Messes and all.

(It's tough being a neat freak momma!)

3 comments:

  1. Gah I'm the same way!! I don't mind my son pulling everything out of the cabinets or pantry, but something about creating messes WITH food sort of stresses me out. (Maybe it's the added laundry/paper towel usage/extra bath?) I'm trying to learn to "let go" though and let him explore more- even if that does mean making a mess. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tee hee hee - she looks adorable with her hair back! :)
    Keep us posted on her "cooking" creativity!!
    ~ Christienne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Messes are so tough! For some of us, more than others. ;)

    Thanks C - her hair is cute pulled back, I agree!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...thanks for commenting!