Wednesday, November 30, 2011

funny nap

If you're at all considering a video monitor...my suggestion would be to get one!

I tell everyone that was our "splurge" item when expecting.  Honestly, it was.  It was the one thing that was expensive that was totally a "want" more than a "need."  So happy we got it!

My daughter is a year and a half now and I still use it.  I love watching her play in her crib; to see why exactly she's fussing; or to see if she's OK after that loud noise I heard all the way downstairs, etc.

I do, however, forget to turn it on sometimes.  Riley is older and I'm not too concerned with having it on always.  It's more handy, than anything.

Like yesterday - I should have checked the monitor when I heard Riley talking a lot, just to see what she was up to!  If I did...it would've saved her from a very cold nap.  Brrrrr....



After a couple hours, I finally decided to check the monitor.  I saw her laying down with no shirt!  She was wearing a long-sleeve onesie so she managed to wiggle her way out of the top of it, and it was hanging down over her pants. 

When she woke up, I went in to snap a picture! 

It made me laugh. 

Poop smeared in the crib does not make me laugh!.  (Did I tell you about that?!  No?  Good.  You don't want to know - just use your imagination.  Actually, don't.  Forget I said anything.)

On the other hand, shirts off do make me laugh!  Ha ha.  (This is one of several times now that Riley has had an article of clothing missing from her body after sleeping in her crib...something tells me, it's not the last either!)




It's (little) things like this that remind me how fun it is to be a momma.  I see and hear some funny stuff already!

I'm sure some of you have funny "crib" stories too! 

Just spare me the "poop" stories, will ya?  

1 comment:

  1. I so want a video monitor!! My friend has one, and every time my son naps at her house, I love watching to see what's going on. How long he ACTUALLY sleeps is a bit surprising, but he's so entertaining and (when he's finally asleep) sweet.
    I have a feeling that if I got one, I would not get too much accomplished during naptimes... ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...thanks for commenting!