Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Riley's skirt

Remember that first skirt I sewed?
(with the help of a friend, I might add.)

That was back in February.

Honestly, other than paper garland for parties, I haven't sewed one thing since!

I've been afraid.  Very afraid.

I am teaching myself completely.  I know, scary.

All summer I wanted to sew a skirt for Riley. 

I had the fabric.  I had the time.  I just didn't have the guts. 

Until, now!

It's something she can wear in the fall too, with leggings.

Don't ya think?



I followed this tutorial, if you are interested.

I read a pattern once at JoAnn Fabrics and almost fainted.  So confusing.  So many terms and numbers and I had no clue what it was saying!  Extremely intimidating.

I know, I'll learn - eventually.

Anyway, tutorials are my friend.  The ones that have simple language and lots of pictures!

I couldn't wait for Riley to try the skirt on the next day.  (It took me like two hours to sew this one skirt, by the way.  Thirty minutes just to remind myself how to thread my sewing machine.  Gah!)

Here she is.  Miss Butterfly.

With her waffle PJ shirt...haha...



I tried so hard to get her to stand to the side, so we could view her profile...


And, I did learn something. 

When sewing skirts for toddlers - consider the diaper butt when measuring the length.

The back of her skirt was eek, kind of short!

She'll definitely be wearing this with leggings soon.




So cute.



Riley's first skirt that her Momma made.

So proud.


3 comments:

  1. Awesome job!!! SO cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job Abby! The skirt is so cute. Riley makes a very cute little model. You will feel more confident with each item you accomplish. I think you did a wonderful job. -Mom F.-

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...thanks for commenting!