Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Giant Chocolate Chunk Cookies

I thought it time to add another cookie recipe to my blog!

Actually, I didn't.

I just happened to bake yesterday, and my blog popped in my mind.

I was reminiscing back to the holidays last year and how much baking and blogging I was doing!

So, I took a picture of the cookie I had baked.

And - well, here we are.


Giant Chocolate Chunk Cookies!

They aren't the most beautiful cookie I've ever made - but they sure are good.

These cookies are made using egg whites.  As a result, they are light and fluffy.  A soft cookie, for sure.

**************************************************

Giant Chocolate Chunk Cookies
(Printable Recipe)

Ingredients:

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cups granulated sugar
2/3 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 large egg whites*
1/2 cup semisweet or dark chocolate chips
Cooking Spray

* I used the egg whites from a carton

Directions:
  • Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.
  • Place sugars and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy.  Add vanilla and egg whites; beat well.  Add flour mixture; beat at low speed until well blended.  Stir in chocolate chips.
  • Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Drop dough by tablespoon on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
  • Bake for 14 minutes or until golden brown.  Cool at least 2 minutes on pan; cool on wire rack.
Yield: about two dozen (if dropping dough by a tablespoon)

Now, lets talk about the "giant" part of this recipe.  The initial recipe suggested dividing the dough up in equal portions - to make six "giant" cookies.  I didn't like that this recipe made only six cookies.  That's silly.  So, I doubled the recipe and just used a tablespoon to drop the dough on the baking sheets.  If you want "giant" cookies - go for it! 

Source: Cooking Light, June 2009






I gave Riley half of my cookie.  She said "mmm" while eating it.

That's my girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you...thanks for commenting!