Monday, August 20, 2012

Emillie's 15th Birthday

We celebrated Emillie's 15th birthday on Saturday.

It was a nice day.

We had a big, yummy pancake breakfast.  (Emillie helped me cook.)

Did some school shopping at Target.  (Riley had a huge tantrum.  No surprise there.)

Had Rita's water ice for a snack afterwards. (Emillie's choice for her birthday "treat.")

A movie during Riley's nap. (Dear John is what Emillie picked, she had never seen it but read the book.  Emillie and I cried like little babies while Daddy and Hannah laughed at us, real nice.)

Emillie opened some cards from family and a couple gifts from us.  (Her big gift was a camera!)

And ribs for dinner.  (Emillie's dinner choice!)  Riley and I had veggie burgers - ribs, double blech!!

I also surprised Emillie with cupcakes for dessert.  Her pick for a treat was Rita's...but I love baking so I had to do something fun for dessert.  It kills me not to bake for the girls' birthdays!

Emillie also had the "special" plate for dinner.  I forgot to take pics.  It's a plate that our family used growing up and I do it now with our family.  It's a big red plate that says "You're special today" around the rim. 

At the end of the day, Emillie said she had a fun day - and said she felt really special.  :)

(We mostly stayed indoors and ate too much sugar - but all in all, I would say it was a good day too!)

We love you, Emillie...Happy Birthday!!

gifts!

Emillie - birthday girl!

Hannah (only pic I had of her, sorry it's a little blurry)

Riley




new camera!!




mmm, cupcake.


cuppy cake.



Oreo cupcakes.  Ahhh-mazing.  If you like Oreos, that is. 

There is a whole Oreo at the bottom of each cupcake, crumbled Oreos in the cake and crushed Oreos in the frosting.  Oh boy.

When I saw this recipe I instantly thought of Emillie (that's why I made them!)  She's an Oreo freak.  ;)  I made mini cupcakes for Riley, which were so cute.  (Sorry, no pic.)  I also sent the girls home with cupcakes - so it worked out perfectly.

Here's the link to the recipe, if interested.  (FYI - I used half the butter it calls for, and cut the powdered sugar way down too - the frosting was perfect.)

Here's to birthdays and cupcakes!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like Emillie had a very fun day celebrating her Birthday. I'm sure she is very grateful for all you do to make her day special. From the pictures, I think I can tell she really likes the camera
    ;-)

    Much Love to you all with lots of hugs and kisses.

    Love, Mom F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I miss you and all the girls and Aaron! I love Hannah's new glasses! Those Oreo cupcakes look sooooooooooooo yummy! I wish we all lived closer together so we could see the girls on their birthdays too! I am thankful though that you blog and we get to see pictures!! Hugs and love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Mom and Carrie! We love and miss you guys too. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...thanks for commenting!