Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Riley's hooded towel

I have been wanting new towels for Riley for a looooong time.

It's one of those things that I've been wanting for her but always forget come holidays, birthdays, etc.

She has used her infant towels (the cute ones with hoods) since birth.

They are ridiculously small on her now; barely covering her very tall body.  It's a total shame!

I didn't want to give up on the hooded towels - because 1) they are cute 2) they help with warmth.

And while I could just go to a store and buy one...I found this idea on Pinterest instead.  It included a tutorial on how to make your very own hooded towel!


So, I went to Walmart.  Bought cheap towels and ribbon.  And sewed one!


I have a turquoise color towel I am going to sew one of these nights too.

My machine couldn't handle the thick fabric at certain points of the tutorial so I had to completely fake it and just do whatever I could to sew it up.  (I'm still learning.)


You can see how the seam from the towel sticks out on the inside, because it was too weird for me to sew.  Oh well.  From the back, it looks nice!



Too, I sewed the right side to the wrong side.  See the tag?  Yeah, it should be on the inside.  Whatever.  Riley is totally still using this.  A two year old does not care about a tag.  That much I do know.

And, here is my model. 

Wearing her new towel.









She loves it!

And I love how big it is and how cozy it seems after bath time.

Our little elf.


3 comments:

  1. You did an amazing job!! I am not a sew-er in the least! I am always so impressed with everything you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this idea and I think you did a great job. It is so cute. This will be perfect for Riley, especially when the weather is cold and she needs to get warm and dry and toasty after her bath. Great job Abby. -Mom F.-

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...thanks for commenting!