Have always.
This year I decided to invite a few of my friends (all mommas too) over for a girls' night out!
We relaxed.
We ate.
We made goodie bags.
We laughed, talked and had some yummy drinks too!
FAVORS
I made truffles:
Cake Batter Truffles (white)
Oreo Truffles (pink)
I put two of each in a fun paper liner and
packaged in a candy box
I made Rice Krispy Heart Pops
(they were huge!)
And assembled each in a cello treat bag
with ribbon and a handmade tag
I put both the truffles and "pop" in a paper bag
(I already had a stack of these bags on hand)
and added handmade name tags to each
DECORATIONS
In addition to the decorations I already had up,
I added a couple more decorating touches...
like my red/white garland I sewed!
SWEETS
I made Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake Cupcakes (ahh-mazing!)
A friend made the M&M Blondies (yum!)
I also made chocolate dipped pretzel rods
(I am SO making these again - easy and good!)
CRAFT
I made up a platter/small tins full of crafty things:
scrapbook paper
(cut in smaller pieces,
and some punched out circles)
scissors
stickers
ribbons
glue sticks
even some candy dots!
I had an assembly line of yummies
for everyone to make goodie bags
for their hubbies and kids!
Conversation Hearts
Goldfish
Popcorn
Teddy Grahams
Gummy Bears
Chocolate dipped pretzel rods
after they assembled their goodie bags
they each had to make their own tag!!
I was SO impressed by all the creative tags!
(these are just a few of the several made that night)
In addition to the sweets...we had veggies, fruit, cheese/crackers, taco dip, chips/salsa/guacamole and popcorn!
We had a great night! Thank you ladies for coming out and spending a quiet evening with me at my house! Thank you too for bringing all that you did.
I had a blast planning this party!
I used serving platters, bowls, etc. that I had on hand. Anything that I bought (other than food) was purchased at Michaels and the Dollar Tree.
The truffles were interesting. Cute and fun to make...but I couldn't get past the texture. I'd rather eat a baked cookie than dough. Blech! Just my honest opinion. If you love cookie dough (I know some of you do!) try the truffles.
My favorite of the night? The raspberry cheesecake cupcakes...I'm starting to really love cheesecake. Just. Like. My. Hubby.
I think I miss him...
Happy heart Day (almost)!

I cannot believe you made all of that! That is SO impressive. That party looks like a blast!
ReplyDeleteThanks Shannon! It was a lot of work but I had major lists to help me stay organized. It took a few days! ;)
ReplyDeleteHoly cow you are one creative mama! That party looks like such a blast and I REALLY wished I lived closer to you! ;)
ReplyDelete