She's the only friend here (that I know of) who sews.
I definitely could use a buddy to get me started and keep me motivated!
She had found this really fun, and (relatively) easy skirt tutorial to try out together.
It took us a few hours - between some ups and downs; some laughs and cake...but we finally got there!
Our work station (notice the wine)
I took a picture before I sewed one pocket on
I did it; the pocket is sewed!
OK, I had enough. Ha!
I was nervous about sewing the next pocket. I needed a break (already).
So, Christian came to the rescue!
And, I did what I do best.
I ate cake.
(Mocha Cake!)
I ate cake.
(Mocha Cake!)
Eventually...the skirt was finished!
Do you like?!
Yeah...so here's the thing. I didn't measure right and the waist is too big. The skirt looks a little silly on me, with the way it is now. Christian said we can fix that.
I promise to share a picture with you all of me and my skirt - once it fits! (It's too cold to be sporting around skirts yet anyway, so I have time.)
It looks short sitting on the table, but it's not really that short - it hits right above the knee. The entire night, we kept saying "it looks so short!" Ha ha.
Also, because Christian was so patient with me - she ended up helping me with my skirt more than working on her own and it got late. She said she'd finish hers another time. I hope to share pics of her skirt too, once it's all finished!
Thank you, Christian. I learned a ton from you and I had fun too! Also, a huge shout out to Andrea (another friend of mine) who sent me this amazing sewing kit that came in handy the entire night! You girls rock.
Yay! Here's to sewing - and friends, wine and cake!
Stay tuned for my Mocha Cake recipe...

Great job!!! I wish I knew how to sew.
ReplyDeleteSounds like my kind of sewing! Mocha cake, wine, and a friend! You've got the right idea. :)
ReplyDeleteSkirt looks great btw!
Thanks, it was fun!
ReplyDeleteGlad the kit was helpful - and that you've jumped on the sewing bandwagon!
ReplyDelete