Thursday, August 18, 2011

a few new features

Hi all,

I made a few changes to my blog. 

I'm sure you noticed the design change - but maybe you didn't (it depends on how detail oriented you are!)  I kept the style very similar.  I like simple, but pretty too.  I flipped stuff around too - so now my blog archive is at the right.

I added the "Reactions" as a way for my readers to comment without saying much, or even leaving a name.  It's one of the most private ways to comment on my blog.  I won't see who posted a reaction but I'll know that someone read my post and was amused by it.  This feature shows at the bottom of each new post.  Feel free to try it out!

I also added the "Follow by Email" button.  It's on the bottom right side bar of my blog.  If you are tired of checking my blog periodically for updates - just enter your email to subscribe.  By subscribing to my blog, you'll get emails anytime I post something new.  I just added my own email in there today to test it out.  If I find it acts funny, I'll let you know.  I will be the guinea pig.

I can also add your email address manually for you to receive email notifications.  You just need to tell me.  I can add up to ten email addresses myself.

I love comments, as reiterated by my new sign on the top right of my blog.  I really enjoy hearing from family and friends that read my blog.  I like to interact with you all and many times I feel like this blog is one sided.  Your comments and feedback truly help motivate me to keep blogging.

I understand wanting to remain private.  Just remember that under the comment feature you can select "anonymous" when leaving a comment.  You don't even have to put a name if you don't want to reveal yourself.

I hope you are enjoying your summer!

Thanks for reading,

XOXO
Abby

3 comments:

  1. I'm having trouble with the comment box - it's not accepting my comments without multiple selections to post. I'm sure it's our outdated browser, but just in case, I'll apologize now for any repeat comment postings.
    ~Christienne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the new design of your blog page. Very, very nice. I love the "Mommies are just BIG little girls" sign. How true! I hope you get lots of feedback. We all like to know that what we do is worthwhile. I certainly appreciate your blog and enjoy all the pictures and writings that you post. Keep 'em coming. :-)
    -Mom F.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new design :) Gives me inspiration to do the same to mine!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...thanks for commenting!