We celebrated her birthday this past weekend when we had the girls over.
Emillie said she got her new cell phone as her big present. She didn't have it yet though, as it was arriving in the mail the day after we had them. I'm guessing that as I sit and write this, Emillie - somewhere, is texting on her new cell!
It's our tradition to take the girls to a restaurant of their choice on their birthday, and they pick what "treat" they want.
I love baking and have not once baked for the girls on their birthday! Can you believe it?! Usually they just order a dessert when we're out. We don't eat out often (since Riley's been born) so it really is a treat for all of us. Besides the girls get to have two celebrations every birthday (one with their mom's side and one with us). They get a cake (or something of the like) with their mom.
Emillie picked the Chinese buffet near us and Rita's (Italian ice) as her "treat."
We had a nice day together, as always.
Emillie said she had a good birthday. She kept saying, "I keep forgetting I'm 14!" the day we had them. It was cute. I remember that feeling too. There is so much anticipation for a birthday, and then you just feel the same when it comes. You have to keep telling yourself your new age, because it's easy to forget! Haha.
Here are some pictures of our fun day...
Indoors and Out...
Restaurant
Rita's & the mall
Gifts
Happy Birthday, Emillie!

Loved seeing pictures of my two oldest "grandbabies" who, alas, are growing much too fast. It's so hard to believe that those sweet little girls we once knew are already turning into such pretty young ladies. Where has the time gone? Loved seeing all 3 sisters together as you all celebrated Emillie's birthday. Looked like a fun day for all. (Absolutely loved all of Emillie's new T-shirts.)
ReplyDeleteRiley was just as cute as could be sporting her two little piggy tails. I just loved them on her. How amazing that she kept them in. ;-)
Daddy was as cute as a button also (ha ha, sorry Aaron, couldn't resist.)
Talk about growing too fast...Can't believe how quickly Riley is growing. Slow down Little Punkin. As much as we love seeing you grow and progress and learn so many new things, take your time and enjoy being little as long as you can. We all grow up much too fast.
As always Abby, thanks so much for posting all the great pictures. Next time we would like to see you in the pictures too :-)
-Love, Mom F.