It only took us a couple months...
Riley's quickly growing, as is her hair.
The back and sides have been looking great, and she even has a cute curl in the back.
Other than that curl, her hair is very straight. It falls flat.
The way her hair falls into her eyes has completely been driving me nuts!
(My dedicated readers know this already, as I've mentioned it numerous times now on my blog.)
Riley does not like barrettes in her hair. (Again, you know this already.) Even if I'm sneaky when putting them in, she finds them and takes them out - if not immediately, just minutes later.
The only way to keep her hair to the side (which I prefer) is to constantly brush it out of her eyes (or blow it), or use a barrette. (And her hair does not stay tucked behind her ears yet.)
All these methods have tired me out.
I've been seeing Riley pull at her hair, and even struggle to see at times. Well, it's just plain ridiculous.
Enough is enough!
Last night, the scissors came out...
BEFORE
| hair hanging in her face and eyes |
AFTER
| there's Riley's eyes!! |
| amazing. she can see! |
Aaron and I tossed around the idea of going to a salon that deals with children exclusively. I wasn't ready for that though - and I don't think Riley is either. The only thing that needed trimming right now was her bangs. I felt like we could save money and a car ride (and probably a stressful event) by doing it at home. I trim my own bangs so how hard could it be? Turns out, it wasn't that hard. Riley didn't sit still very well - no shock there, so we gave her her usual cup of milk and sat her in her high chair. We offered her a taste of ice cream (a rare treat) but really she did better just drinking her milk. It was the evening and she was getting tired anyway. I'm so glad we decided to trim her hair this way.
There's always that first official haircut at some point. Maybe when she turns 2 years old, and Aaron is home from deployment we will take her to the children's salon and get her a "real" haircut. But we'll see. Time will tell. It'll all depend on how her hair grows.
For now, I will be trimming my bangs...and Riley's. And I'm OK with that. Anything to get that hair out of her eyes! I already feel like a better parent for letting my child see again.

You did a great job of trimming Riley's hair. It looks so cute. But of course she looks cute whether she is sophisticatedly coifed or sporting "crazy hair" ha-ha! It really is cute and I love the before and after pictures. Good job! :-)
ReplyDelete-Mom F.
Abby you did a great job! She looks adorable. I can't believe how big she's gotten. Love her! -Julie
ReplyDelete