Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

To all you dad's out there - I hope that you had a great, relaxing Father's Day!

While I'm sure that you all have pretty great dad's, I'm almost positive that I have the best dad!  Don't be jealous.  OK, you can be.

Dad, seriously.  You really are amazing.  You have been our family's rock from day one.  You are always there when I need advice.  I always looked to you for guidance, and still do.  You just seem to get it.  You get me.  And I thank you for that.  You have pushed me in ways (and Ian too) but I know it's because you just believe in us and know we are always capable of more, of better.  And you've always wanted the best for us.  I never knew anyone that was smarter than you.  Even my teachers.  You just seem to know it all.  And, I mean all.  Maybe you just pretend to know it all.  Or maybe you really do know it all.  Either way, it's cool.  Don't change that.  Keep reading, keep learning.  That way you can keep teaching me!  Also, when Riley starts asking "why?" all the time - I'm sending her to you.  Or, we'll just teach her Google from an early age.  Ha ha.

Abby & Dad
Mesa Verde, CO
Aug 1983
Aaron is an amazing father too.  I sort of cheated, if I have to be honest.  I knew Aaron was a good father before ever marrying him!  He told me right away about Emillie and Hannah, when we were dating, and I could tell he loved them deeply.  When I saw them all together, I knew their bond was real.  I loved it.  I loved seeing that side of Aaron and knew that he'd be the same with our child one day.  Aaron is such a good, steady, hard working man.  He's all business, a lot of the time.  He is a big goof ball too, when he lets his guard down.  He's a well balanced individual.  He's always leading our family, and wanting the best for each of us.  He's allowed me to stay home to care for our daughter, even when money hasn't been thrown at us.  He just gets what's important in life and I love that about him.  He wants us all to be happy, and in return we just want that for him too.  Thank you Aaron for being the man that you are, for being the great Daddy that you are.  Our kids are so lucky!

My brother celebrated his first Father's Day!  He's such a good dad already and will continue being that.  He's a cool guy too.  Very cool, actually.  He's the definition of "cool."  Miss you, Ian!

Happy Father's Day to my father-in-law and grandpa's (here and gone) too!

I love and respect you all.  Our families have been blessed because of you.  Thank you!

1 comment:

I love hearing from you...thanks for commenting!