Thursday, June 9, 2011

trip to Ohio

Riley and I were lucky enough we could tag along with my parents to visit some family in Ohio this past week.  We just got back last night and were gone five days (two of them being travel days).  Aaron had to stay home and work away, and he's happy now that we're home!

The day we got there, we visited with some of my mom's side of the family.  It was so great to see everyone!  I felt really bad though because I truly didn't feel like I got to catch up with anyone very much, and I really wanted to.  Having Riley around really makes it hard to focus on long conversations - my attention is always on her and my mind is never still.  I can't say it only affected me...my parents (and probably others...) were also busy watching and playing with her at times too!  Anyway, Riley was all wired from lack of sleep and a screwed up schedule from traveling all day.  She pulled a table cloth down with food spilling everywhere, she tripped out onto the balcony and hit her head, and fell down a stair.  Ugh.  We all were ready to get a good night sleep that night, after all that!  Not to mention, we took off in a frenzy during a thunderstorm - our goodbye was so fast.  Regardless, we all had a wonderful time visiting with family.  Thank you Aunt Terry and Uncle John for hosting!

(Oh, and yeah...I didn't take one picture that night either.  So upsetting!)

On to the next day...we enjoyed a lovely baby shower honoring my cousin, Jessica.  Her baby girl will be born next month!  Riley was walking up and down the hallway most of the shower, but I did get to enjoy some food (including cake and cookies, of course) and I did get to talk briefly to Jess.  I also happened to step back into the room while she was opening my gift and my mom's, glad I saw that part.  We are very excited for you and your family, Jessica!

Riley laughing while sitting on Grandma Pat's lap

More laughs...
Jessica, near all her presents!
We took more photos of us before and after the shower!

Riley with her Grandma Pat and Great Grandma (my dad's mom)

Riley & I

Riley
We stayed with my Aunt Heidi and Uncle Rob.  They have a beautiful home and garden!  Riley had lots of fun during our stay wondering around and pulling petals off flowers, etc.  She was a riot (and a handful at times) but we're glad she had fun exploring!

Here are some pictures taken during the rest of our trip.

Riley going down the slide, with help from Uncle Rob



Riley loved this bouncy thing!
(see video above)

Standing at the slide

Love this!
Riley reading in the little chair.

Riley's first experience with sand...oh she had a blast!

It got everywhere!

Time to get hosed off by Grandma


Me and Jessica

Riley and her Great Grandma, reading a cat book

Riley feeling Great Grandpa's mustache!

Grandma (aka my mom), me, Riley and Great Grandma

Riley got us all cracking up!

Riley swinging with Grandma

Grandpa, me and Riley

Riley and her Great Grandpa!

Uncle Rob, Aunt Heidi and Riley!

Uncle Rob flying Riley around
I didn't get pictures of many family members, as mentioned above...so sorry!  (I'm sure you all are not sorry...if you're like me, you hate having your picture taken!  Ha Ha)  And I didn't even get one of my dad!  What's up with that?!  Anyway, we enjoyed our visit very much.  Thank you to everyone and thank you Mom and Dad for taking us!

2 comments:

  1. The pictures are great....Riley is so cute!!! I am so glad you guys had a fun time....we missed you around here but I'm sure it was a nice little vacation for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby ~ I love how you document the small things in Riley's life and your personal life. Keep up the great work and ALL the pictures.

    Thinking of you!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...thanks for commenting!