Thursday, May 26, 2011

5k pics

I promised more pics from last week, so I'm working on that for ya!

About the 5k race...we (my dad and I) finished in under 30 minutes.  My dad would've past me in the first two minutes of the race, but he was a good sport and ran with me!  It was a ton of help having him run next to me.  I don't think I'll be so nervous to run a future race alone now.  I understand all that is behind it.  All the unknowns are gone.  Thanks again Dad for running with me!  A once in a lifetime experience - the first race.

Dad and I, after the race.

I'm pointing to my dad's medal.
He won 2nd in his age group!

Aaron and Riley came to see us on race day too!



I'm not sure how many races are in my future, but I do know that I'm not scared of them anymore.  I like that they are a test of your fitness level, and running speed.  For as long as I can remember, I ran 10 or 11 minute miles (slow).  I'm still a slow runner, but during this race I picked up my pace and ran faster miles.  I feel good about that.  I'd love to get under 9 minute miles, and maybe with time I will.  And, maybe not.  I don't know.  I do know that I'm going to keep walking and jogging and we'll just see where that takes me.

Will running make my fat legs get smaller or more muscular?  Gosh, I hope so.

HA!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah Abby! I'm so proud of you! What an accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! A great achievement! Congrats to your dad also for his second place finish! WTG

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...thanks for commenting!