Friday, May 13, 2011

zoo day







Today, Riley and I met up with my friend and her two boys for a fun outing to the Cape May Zoo!

It was kind of a long drive, but well worth it.

The zoo is free too!

It's a small zoo, but for Riley's first zoo trip - it was perfect.  Not too big and overwhelming.

We were sad to leave Aaron behind, but he was all for us enjoying this day today with friends.

We, as a family, will have plenty of other opportunities in the future to go to more zoo's!

The weather was beautiful, mid 60's and sunny - not too hot, or cold.

We enjoyed a picnic lunch before entering the park to walk around.

Riley fought me several times because she wanted to get out and walk on her own.  I gave her plenty of "free" time to be mobile, but every time I had to put her back in the stroller she screamed and fussed.

Riley's favorite animal (I think) was the tiger.  We saw him up and walking around!  Unlike the sleepy red panda's, bear, and lion...  She laughed and said "at!" which is "cat" in Riley talk.  (Her favorite word, and animal!)  Actually, she enjoyed the goats too.  She laughed and got excited when seeing these guys.

I was terrible (again) at taking pictures, too busy dealing with Riley - but I did get one picture of the tiger!



A very fun day at the zoo!

Riley's very first.



Thanks again, Christian!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you...thanks for commenting!