Riley stayed indoors much of the week due to the freezing cold temperatures, wind, and the fact that my carrier isn't ideal for bulky winter clothes. She didn't seem to mind being indoors. It was a new place to explore and there was a great big room for playing with her toys. The fireplace made the place nice and cozy, so most of the time we were all barefoot! Very different from my usual socks and slippers at home.
bath time...
our view...
We could ski right out the back of our place too, which is the best!
My dad took some pics of us looking out back.
We had great skiing weather all week.
Lots of new snow and mild temperatures (well, for winter in Vermont, anyway)
This was only my second time cross country skiing. I'm starting to really enjoy it! It's very different than downhill. Much more of an aerobic workout. Some of the hills were tiring. I fell just about everyday too, haha. I am finding the balance on the skis very different than what I was used to with downhill.
It was so fun getting outside and seeing the snow on the trees. Many of the trails were quiet. It felt like we were the only ones out there! My mom and dad helped out a lot with Riley, so I was able to get outside every single day. I skied all days, except one. I took a break - well, not really because that day my mom and I went out snowshoeing!
here we are skiing...
and snowshoeing...
walking with Riley...
playing in the snow...
playing indoors...
in the car...
at a restaurant...
at Yankee Candle in MA...
What a wonderful vacation we all had...
Thank you Mom and Dad!

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love hearing from you...thanks for commenting!