For the last two days, during Riley's afternoon nap, she has taken her pants off. It is so funny to see! I could not believe it the first day. My mom was here with me. I checked the monitor because she had been playing around in her crib instead of sleeping, I wanted to see if she had fallen asleep yet. I started laughing when I realized her pants were off and showed the monitor to my mom. We figured it was a fluke thing. Then the next day during her nap, she did it again! Yup, she knows how to take her pants off now.
Riley is doing better with "talking" back to us when we make conversation. When Aaron calls to check in, I put the phone on speaker and she talks to him! It's really neat to hear.
Today, Riley had her first blood test. (NJ law to check babies' lead level at a certain age.). She was not happy and it broke my heart to hear her cry in pain, with tears dripping down her cheek. It didn't help that the first time they tried, they had no luck so they tried the other arm. The lady said, "she has small veins." Don't all babies have "small veins?" that, or maybe she took after her mother. I get blood tests often and many times it takes a couple tries. Anyway, glad that's over!
This past Monday, when my mom was visiting we went to Cracker Barrel for lunch. This was Riley's first eating experience at a restaurant. We don't eat out often anymore, and in the past when we've gone Riley didn't eat food with us. She started off fussy but once we got her settled down, she enjoyed a variety of yummy foods. We left a huge mess for the employees. I was mortified at how messy the floor was, actually. I know I have many messy floors ahead of me...so I just have to accept it.
Also, several days ago Riley was standing on her own without holding on to anything! We were playing, and she was holding on to my knee while I was sitting with her. Then all of a sudden I realized she wasn't holding on to me anymore! It was only a second, but it made me happy.
Its been more fun shopping at stores now, with Riley sitting in the cart like a big girl. I could've done that a few months ago when she first learned to sit on her own but decided to wait, I didn't see the rush. The way they make car seat carriers now, it would've been more of a hassle to take her out and carry her, when I could just pop the car seat out and carry her in it and attach to the top of the shopping cart. Now that she's heavier though, it's easier to take her out and carry just her into the store. Lugging that carrier with her in it is getting to be a pain. Besides, she's older now and prefers sitting up. She has a lot of fun looking around at people and things.
- Posted from my iPad

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love hearing from you...thanks for commenting!