Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Owen's 1st Birthday

To celebrate Owen's first birthday, we had my parents here for the day.

We had a nice visit and were even able to celebrate my dad's birthday (early) too...

Owen definitely liked his cake - even though he was sick with a cold.

He ate ALL of it.

He started out slow, eating with his finger and then eventually he went faster by grabbing it with his whole hand!

I had got a (free!) store-bought cake and gave him a slice of it.

Owen's cake
(I couldn't pass on a free cake!)

The Birthday boy sitting in his highchair ready for action!

First given his slice of cake...see the one finger at his mouth?
 
There's that finger again...only - where's the cake?!

"I'm DONE, all done!"  Haha..this one cracks me up. 
And later in the day (after dinner and when Owen was already in bed for the night) we celebrated with more cake!

A cake that I baked, and it spelled "Dad" on it with strawberries and blueberries.  Riley helped me decorate it!

Granddad and Riley

the kids with their grandparents
(a little blurry...but still so sweet!)
Awesome, good day.

Happy FIRST birthday, Owen!

And Happy (however many) Birthday to you too, Dad!

Love you guys - thanks for the fun today and the excuse to eat cake TWICE.


P.S.  Not a lot of pics of Owen's birthday because I was video taping it some too.