Friday, April 11, 2014

play museum on a rainy day

I was hoping to have a Birthday party this year for Riley at a playground. 

My main motivation behind it was knowing we are moving this year and also knowing Riley has never had a Birthday party with friends.  (Not yet, anyway!)

I knew I took a chance when planning it - knowing the spring could either bring cooler weather or rain.

Well, sure enough it was cooler and we had pouring down rain all weekend!

(I planned it for the last weekend in March).

Anyway, our friends seemed to understand the cancellation - as did Riley.

So instead of a party - Granddad, Grandma, Mommy and Owen took Riley to the Please Touch Museum in Philadelphia!

It was our very first time there.

Riley had lots to see and do and she was a trooper.  She started out slow but eventually warmed up and had a blast!  (After eating some lunch...)

My camera took garbage pics...indoor setting with a kid running around was not ideal.

So, here are a few of the best pics of our day!

Owen in stroller - rosy cheeks and all

Riley "grocery shopping"

playing "Doctor"

Riley and Grandma on the canoe
 
Riley riding a tortoise

playing in the water!


and now, on an elephant...


Owen with Grandma
 
Video of Mommy & Riley on the carousel
 


We had a great day, indoors...spending it with family and celebrating Riley.

Who says rain is bad?