Wednesday, September 21, 2011

weekend in Baltimore

Aaron and I enjoyed a really nice visit to Baltimore this past weekend.  We walked a lot, ate lots of good food, took pictures, saw some cool things and just relaxed.  Riley had a blast with her grandparents while we were gone.  I think we all needed this weekend, it helped to break up the normalcy around here.  Thanks Mom and Dad for a wonderful trip! 

USS Constellation


Hyatt (our hotel) behind the shops in Inner Harbor

Me
(It's only fair I post a picture of myself, since I'm posting some of Aaron...)

Seven Foot Knoll Lighthouse

view from World Trade Center (Baltimore)

My handsome hubby...aka Aaron

Maybe someday Riley will ride one of these water dragons!

Aaron with a huge Rice Krispie...and no, we didn't buy it.

us on the water taxi

flag at Ft. McHenry




us, again, on a water taxi

Baltimore at night

Aaron and I are not city people.  I highly dislike the fast past, in your face, feel of a city.  I need a big bubble around me (at most times) and don't like feeling crowded.  It overwhelms me.  However, I do visit cities (in short trips) and enjoy many things they have to offer - like museums, theatre, shops, sightseeing, etc.  If you aren't big into cities...you would enjoy Baltimore.  If you stick around the Inner Harbor area it hardly feels like you're in the city because of the water all around.  There are a lot of people there, but if you plan it right you can visit off season and avoid some of the crowds.  I've been to Baltimore more times than Philadelphia and we're further away from Baltimore!  Go figure.  (Yes, I need to get out more!)

Hopefully you all can visit Baltimore sometime, if you've never been.  You'll have to let me know what cities you like and why.  I like to hear tips so when we travel we know what to check out, and what to avoid...

1 comment:

  1. Hey guys it's Ian! You two really look cute in those photos (I mean, Abby looks cute, Aaron looks manly). It's great you were able to have a fun weekend away together just doing whatever you feel like. It's funny how hard that is now. Keep up the great blog! Love you all, Ian, Julie, and Jackson

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...thanks for commenting!