Thursday, September 1, 2011

power outage

Hurricane Irene came through our area this past Saturday and early Sunday.

The wind and rain wasn't as bad as we were expecting.

Though, we did lose power around 2 am Sunday.

When we called to report the outage, we were told it may take up to a week to restore!

We stayed home Sunday, and dealt with no power.

Aaron and I decided we should think about planning for a week without power, just in case.

On Monday, Aaron went to work while Riley and I drove to MD to stay with my parents.

Aaron can sleep at work (worst case scenerio) and at least then he could keep a watch on the house (our cat) and every day check to see if we have power.  We had a plan!

Sure enough, shortly after I leave Monday afternoon our power came back on!

Aaron found out that night after getting home from work.

Because I drove to MD, I wasn't in any rush to drive right back. 

So Riley and I enjoyed a lovely visit with my parents for a night!

Our thoughts and prayers are with all those that are still dealing with the after effects of Hurricane Irene.

Mom and I took Riley for a walk/run.
We got to see cows!

Huge garden spider in my parents' kitchen window

Hard to see...but it's on the right
It takes up a good portion of that window pane - just to show you his size!
GROSS.

Grandma P and Riley blowing bubbles

Riley enjoyed sticking her hand in the bubbles



I was bored with bubbles,
so went to take some pics of the butterflies.



Riley smelling the flowers.


Riley loved this garden bunny.
She always hugged it (as she's starting to do in this pic)
and would say "bye bye" to it when we walked past.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you...thanks for commenting!