Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Our Trip - Pictures

Gettysburg:

We stayed one night. Went to Visitor Center first, saw movie and Cyclorama and also museum.  Explored the whole Battlefield, went on a self-guided tour in our car, and also walked around a lot of it ourselves too.  Ate at the Dobbin House Tavern for my Birthday dinner!

Here are some pics...

Cyclorama - Battle of Gettysburg


Maj. Gen. George Meade

part of where "Pickett's Charge" took place

Me

Soldiers' National Cemetery


Aaron

Meade's headquarters


Civil War "peeps"

part of battlefield

more battlefield...(it goes on and on!)
we did a 24 mile self-guided tour in our car

PA monument (largest)



Aaron & Abby
Hershey:

Stayed a few hours.  Went to Chocolate World.  Did the free tour, shopped around the gift shops and drooled.  Finally gave in to having a Hershey chocolate milk shake (SO good!)  Went to the museum all about Milton Hershey and how the Hershey brand got started.  It was actually really interesting.  Decided at the end of our quick trip that I want to live in Hershey.  Work and breathe Hershey chocolate.  Doesn't sound bad, right?  I could so wrap Hershey kisses for a living.

Some pics...


chocolate tour


one (of many) gift shop area

Hershey kiss street lamp on Chocolate Ave

museum we went to


Lancaster:

Stayed one night.  Went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner (a chain restaurant, but had never been - none in our area).  Had my Birthday margarita here, even if I was a day late!  Even tried fried dill pickles.  Yeah, we ate entirely too many calories this past weekend...  We also played some Putt-Putt (Had a blast!  Aaron beat me by like 5 points) and we did some outlet shopping, and also ate a phenomenal brunch at the Eden Resort.  Great way to end our fun weekend!

Here are a few pics...


me - playing Putt-Putt

me and Aaron

my birthday cupcake!!
(OK, one of many anyway...)

1 comment:

  1. I live the pics and I'm glad u had a wonderful birthday getaway!!!! Hershey is amazing I could totally live there with the fabulous smell of chocolate everyday too!!! Lol :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you...thanks for commenting!