Emillie's last day of school was yesterday (Hannah's is today) and last night was Emillie's 8th grade graduation!
Unfortunately, Aaron could not get out of his math class last night to attend the graduation. Emillie understood why he couldn't make it. There have been events in the past that I couldn't make, but Aaron could - so we just take turns sometimes. That's the way it has to be.
I was able to scoot out while my neighbor kept an eye on Riley (she was in bed for the night, sleeping). I am so glad that I could make it!
It was sweet, Emillie's mom asked me to walk up with her to congratulate Emillie after she received her diploma (typically it's the parents that go up together). We both got to hug and kiss her during the ceremony. I thanked her mom for allowing me to do that with her. She easily could've gone up herself, or took her husband (Emillie's step dad). But she asked me. I really felt honored and was appreciative. It's a moment I'll never forget. It was really a reality check for me. Standing there as her step mom, next to her mom made me feel so special, so influential. I was reminded at what a huge role I hold as the girls' step mom and I absolutely love it.
I know Aaron was sad he couldn't go. If he could've, it most certainly would've been him up there, kissing and hugging Emillie after she got her diploma. But as selfish as it may be, I needed to be that person last night. I really needed that. I'm very thankful to have been there on behalf of Aaron.
The ceremony was so short - only 30 minutes, if that. It's a very small school, only 14 graduates! The heat was ridiculous yesterday and there was no air conditioning in the school. That auditorium was hotter than outside. So we all were actually glad it was short, so we could get somewhere else to cool off. My camera took lousy pictures indoors, and they came out dark. Afterwards, we just took a couple before I headed off home to Riley, and Emillie and her family headed out to celebrate.
Congratulations, Emillie!
| Emillie is the 3rd girl (in yellow) from left. |
| Emillie during the procession |
| Me and Emillie after the ceremony |
| Hannah and Emillie |
| Emillie and I |
Can you believe Emillie will be in High School soon!?!

Congrats to the graduate! : ) And what a wonderful testament that you were able to be there for Emilie on her special day.
ReplyDeleteWonderful pics too. :) The girls are all growing up so quickly.
Keep up the great work!!
xoxo
-Christienne
That is great! And congrats to emillie! Wow a high schooler don't we feel old lol! That was very special for u to be there and great of her mom to allow you to go up there with her. I am so glad you were able to go :)
ReplyDelete