Saturday, May 21, 2011

this past week

Its been a week since I last wrote.  Thought it was time for a family update!

Aaron has been busy with work.  This month he had been working 24 hour shifts 3 days a week so that he could get the experience necessary to get another certification under his belt.  Starting this coming week he'll be back to day shifts again, Monday to Friday.  He's also taking another college course starting the end of this month.  On top of all that, he was told this week he will be deploying in October for 6 months!  Ugh.  We knew it was coming.

We had Emillie and Hannah last Saturday.  It was a very rainy day!  Indoor day for us, but it was still fun.  We always enjoy their company.  We were supposed to have them again today, but Hannah has strep throat.  And next weekend is their brother's first birthday so we won't have them.  Before we know it, Emillie will be graduating 8th grade!  Hannah has a cast on right now.  She got a small fracture in her wrist and they are treating it as a broken bone for two weeks, so the cast stays on!  It's her very first cast.  Hopefully last, too!  She said someone "tackled" her in soccer.  I told her, "I sure hope they got a red card!"  There is no tackling in soccer, that I'm aware of.  Ha ha.

Here is a pic of Hannah with her cast.  And, yes, she's sitting on Riley's "car."


Riley is walking up a storm.  All over the place.  Outside, inside, in her crib.  She just got over a cold a few days ago.  It lingered a good 10-14 days.  We spotted some new teeth (finally! the last tooth that broke was in December)  Two are sprouting at about the same rate - so this is 10 teeth now.  Her and I enjoyed a wonderful, relaxing, visit in MD Wed to Fri this week.  I was supposed to leave Thurs, but we had too much fun so stayed another night.  She got to ride in a wagon, see some horses, alpacas, chickens and a toad!  (I'm sure I'm missing other animals...)  Oh, and my parents' cat, Mister, is the friendliest.  She just adores him.  I forgot my camera this trip, but my parents have some on their camera.  If I get any cute pics, I'll share them later with you.

As for me, I too got over a cold not too long ago.  Riley gave it to me.  I felt fine, other than the first few days, but was so congested for awhile.  I don't really have much news.  My days are busy with Riley and taking care of our house, etc.  I am going to be enjoying this next month, as it is my last in my 20's!  My 30th birthday is fast approaching.  Aaron and I will be taking a mini trip one long weekend to Gettysburg, Hershey, and Lancaster PA.  My parents are watching Riley.  This will be our first time away from Riley (other than a couple hours).  I know I'll miss her, but I can't wait to sleep in and eat out (in peace)!  Ha ha.  She'll be in good hands and probably will have a blast with her grandparents, anyway.

Today, was my 5k race.  My dad ended up registering for it too.  So glad, as I really wanted to run with someone.  I lucked out, because my dad is like my running coach.  He's a good motivator and encourager.  I finished the run, didn't walk once.  That, initially was my goal when signing up a few months ago - to run the whole 5k.  I beat my goal, I guess!  The funny thing is, is my dad totally won 2nd place in his age group!  He wasn't even trying.  He was running with me.  I know (he does too) that he could've run faster, so he could've smoked the first guy and won 1st place.  He wasn't even expecting to win anything, so he was completely satisfied either way.  Way to go Dad!  Thanks again for running it with me.  I will always remember this day.  My very first race.  It was a good run, and a nice day (we lucked out, weather wise!)  Pictures to come later in the week...

Enjoy your weekend, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you...thanks for commenting!