After telling Aaron, "this is my first Mother's Day!" and being corrected that it was my second...I moved on to enjoy the day (weekend), even still.
My second Mother's Day was very nice and relaxing.
Aaron worked, so it was just Riley and I today.
Yesterday, Aaron spoiled me (and Riley) with a wonderful breakfast of super awesome eggs (ham, cheese, peppers, onions, etc.), bacon (real bacon, not turkey bacon!), and hashbrowns. Mmmm. It was delicious.
Then, last night we enjoyed a lovely evening with our neighbors who have a little girl too. We ate out, and while the company and food was so wonderful...trying to ask a 13 month old to stay in her high chair the entire time was, ummm, not so wonderful. She ate well; threw her toys, books, and food on the ground; kept kicking her high chair away from the table into the aisle; then fussing after dinner because she was done and wanted OUT. Aaron and I proceeded to take turns walking her outside so she could be free! Walking up and down the sidewalks outside was way more fun than sitting in a chair, in a crowded restaurant. While I can't blame her, it still is a huge reason we rarely eat out with her. So to make up for our lack of good conversation at dinner (I felt like in an hour and a half, I only got to say "hi, how are ya!" to our friends), we invited them over after our girls were in bed, asleep! We had a blast together, talking and hanging out. It was so relaxing and fun. Great way to end the night.
Earlier in the weekend, I thought of going to MD to spend the day with my mom and dad, but we all were fine just doing our thing at home this time around. (Last year, on my first Mother's Day, we spent it all together!)
Glad I decided to stick nearby since Riley came down with a cold yesterday! And tonight, I am feeling lousy. Yup. I think she gave me her cold, unless it's just allergies. Probably a cold. And no surprise there, since we're like peanut butter and jelly, her and I. Often together.
When Riley doesn't feel well, she's really cuddly. Today, she gave me LOTS of hugs and cuddles. I soaked it up. Smiled every single time. I think she knew it was Mother's Day and I needed those hugs (especially after dinner last night, ha!)
Today was a simple, quiet day and I enjoyed every second of it. Thank you Riley for being a good girl today, even if you weren't feeling well.
I can't end this post without saying something about my mom! So here it is. Mom, you mean the world to me. I wouldn't be who I am today without your unconditional love, support and encouragment. Thank you for listening. Thank you for understanding. Thank you for being patient. Thank you for being my friend! The older I get, the more sentimental I get too. I am proud of you, Dad and Ian. I am thankful for the way I was raised; our history as a family. You guys were my stability during all those changes (and moves) in my life. I'm so appreciative. Thank you!
Mom, I hope to be a parent like you. Like Dad, too.
And, I also want to say to my mother-in-law, thank you. Thank you for accepting me and taking me in, given the history and hurt you all went through before you met me. I know it couldn't have been easy. I love Aaron. He's such a good man, husband and father. I really enjoy your company, our talks and hugs. I have enjoyed learning from you, and about you. It's such a blessing to have two families now, in my adulthood. I'm thankful for you all!
I love my grandmothers too, here and gone.
Happy Mother's Day!
Thank you for letting me be sappy in this post. If you know me well, you know I tend to get emotional at times. Yes Aaron, I know you know. Ha!
XOXO
![]() |
| Mommy and Me (Do you think Riley looks like me?) |
![]() |
| Mommy and Me (college days) |



No comments:
Post a Comment
I love hearing from you...thanks for commenting!