Sunday, April 3, 2011

One Year Old!

One year ago today we welcomed our beautiful daughter, Riley Anne, into this world.  We were overwhelmed with so much joy.  It is an experience and moment we'll never forget.  Hearing Riley cry for the first time made us cry as her parents.  It was such a whirlwind of emotion on her birth day.  After so much anticipation, she was here.  Really here.

My very first time as a mother.  I never knew love like this before.  I have loved as a daughter, sister, friend, granddaughter, niece, wife, and even step-mom...but never loved as a mother.  It is a love that only a mother knows.  You can imagine it, but it's not the same - you have to live it to know what I'm talking about.

I feel blessed.  Words cannot begin to describe how I feel.  It's hard writing this, as emotion is filling me.  I love my daughter more than words can say, and I know Aaron feels the same as a father.  She's simply the best thing I have ever done in my life.  I cannot thank God any more for what he has blessed me with.  I am thankful.  I am happy.  I have so much love in my life.  I love all my roles in life, and now love being a mother.  I love Riley.

We had an amazing day today.  Riley's very first birthday!  We celebrated with close family - our parents, our daughters, and even my sister and brother-in-law surprised us with a visit!  We enjoyed seeing everyone, and holding our niece Gracie again too.  It was special.  We thank you all for coming today, and for making this day even more special for us.

Riley loved her presents (clothes, toys, books, etc).  Riley loved her first cake, ice cream and hot dog too!  She had a blast today and we all did too.  What a day.  What a great day.  One of the best days we've had in awhile.

I will post photos this week at some point.  Right now though, I'm going to relax with my husband and take a moment to reflect back on this past year.  What a great year, full of new things.  I have learned more about myself through all of this, finding my inner "mom"...but in the end, I can say it's all been worth it.  I'd do it all over again for Riley.  She's amazing. 

Thank you everyone for your birthday wishes, cards and love.

Here are a few pictures of Riley's birth day, one year ago today...






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you...thanks for commenting!