We had a good day today. A low key day spent with our girls. Emillie and Hannah were over today. The days seem to fly when we have them!
I started my day with a run while they all ate breakfast. On the weekends I enjoy getting out first thing in the morning. I normally run in the evenings, so it's nice when I can do something different. I ran more often this past week, which I feel good about. The month of August was pathetic on my part - I barely ran with the hot, humid days (see...an excuse). I ran enough to keep up with it, but not enough to really improve. It's getting darker earlier now, so I'm not sure how all that will go - guess I have to get used to running in the dark. Might need to invest in some reflectors. This is just the first challenge for me...wait until winter, haha. (I'm not really laughing, just felt like typing that in.)
Emillie and Hannah said their first week of school went well - they like their teachers and classes so far. Emillie is in 8th grade (next year...high school!) And Hannah is in 4th grade. Unbelievable. We hope they continue to like school and get good grades like last year. Aaron questioned Emillie about boys...she said they are all dumb. Aaron said, "good." Haha, quick conversation.
Hannah had on skinny jeans today, and Daddy had to bust on her. He kept telling her to get some jeans that fit. She'd laugh and roll her eyes. It's so weird to see them wearing what's "in" and I'm the mom now wondering what is with these kids and their outfits (I'm obviously not cool because I don't understand it). I was there one day too...but a long time ago. Anyway, I think Hannah looked cute in her skinny jeans. I sure as heck can't pull them off, so I'm glad her and Emillie can. Though, Emillie did compliment me today on my shirt - she said I always wear cute shirts. A 13 year old likes my shirts...go figure. (Go me! Maybe I still got it! ha)
**I was a bad blogger today and didn't take one picture - so you'll have to just use your imagination.**
We went to the park today too. Took Riley out and let her little piggy toes feel the sand - she was smiling away while scrunching her toes in the sand. So cute to watch. Daddy was swinging her in his arms and she was laughing so much! We all just laughed with her, gosh we love hearing that sound. Sweetest sound in the world.
Riley is still getting over this cold she has - its been a week now. I feel better. Daddy is starting to feel better, and I think Riley is too. We all are on the mend, thank goodness.
Today was my sister-in-law's baby shower. It was in California, so I'm sorry I had to miss it. I'm sure it was a lot of fun and Julie got lots of fun stuff for her and baby boy! Next Saturday is my other sister-in-law's baby shower. Two babies due in October - one a girl, one a boy. I can't wait to be an AUNT...finally. Aaron and I are so excited for our brothers and their wives...so special. They will all make great parents!
Also, today is my mother-in-law's birthday - so shout out time...Happy Birthday Mom!

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love hearing from you...thanks for commenting!