Thursday, September 2, 2010

8th heat wave

So, we are in our 8th heat wave this summer.  I am happy to say that today is the last 90 degree day of this wave.  (Come on fall!)  This weekend is going to be gorgeous - in the mid 70's.  My kind of weather.

In the midst of this heat, I got a sinus infection.  I've been feeling lousy all week, and have had little motivation to do much outside.  I did, however, take Riley for a walk today.  My head felt foggy, I was sweating and parched - but, we did it.  We both enjoyed getting out for a little sun...but mostly enjoyed getting back inside to air conditioning, if I can be honest.

Aaron returned safely from his trip to Chicago last weekend.  He had a good time, but was happy to come home.  I have never been to Chicago, other than the airport.  Aaron said it's a nice, clean city and he enjoyed exploring the sites.  Perhaps one day I will get to visit too.

This weekend, Riley and I are going to enjoy the extra time with Daddy.  Aaron has a long weekend due to the upcoming holiday.  We will be making our way to Maryland one day to visit with my family.  My grandparents and aunt are headed this way from Ohio.  We are very excited to see them - and this will be Riley's first time meeting them!  It'll be special for my grandparents to meet their first great grand-baby.

And, to save the best for last, happy birthday Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you...thanks for commenting!